fredag 10 maj 2019

Her Cold-Blooded Protector by Lea Linnett

Her Cold-Blooded Protector (Levekk Invaders, #1)Author: Lea Linnett
Title: Her Cold-Blooded Protector
Series: Levekk Invaders #1
Genre: Sci-fi alien romance
Links: Storytel / Amazon / Goodreads

This was my absolute first alien romance. A big step, I tell you. I'm a big sci-fi romance fan, so this was actually just another step up that ladder, but even though the feel is about the same, this has it's unique outlook.

This one is about Lena, who's imprisoned in a multi-species penitentiary after doing something stupid. She doesn't have the best of times, so to speak and after another not so smart but rather inevitable action, she's facing a prolonged sentence. All she wants, and needs, is to get home to her sister, though and she's desperate. Enter the levekk, Kormak - big, brooding, not too fond of humans, with vengeance on his mind. He breaks out of the prison and Lena happens to be at the right place and tags along. Their journey home is filled with disgruntled respect, reluctant attraction and them taking turns saving each others butts.

What was good, then? I did like the concept of earth being invaded 200 years prior and how it's now inhabited by not only humans, but also a variety of different species. Humans are quite low on the social ladder, though. I also liked that Lena was both able to take care of herself, but also felt the need to be protected at times - she doesn't have to be completely in-your-face-badass. Kormak was basically a huge softie, even though he likes punching stuff to a pulp.

What could be better? I would have loved to see more of the world the live in. The next book is about Lena's sister and I hope we get to see more outside the relationship. It was a bit two-dimensional as it were and even though I enjoyed the story, it wouldn't have been bad with another layer. Also, Kormak doesn't hate humans...? It seems like it in the beginning, but I couldn't even feel any hatred. Sure, he though some of the useless, but I hardly think that constitutes as hate.

If you're looking for an alien romance with a hint of potentially awesome world-building, are not afraid of scales and are just looking for a good time, I recommend this to you.

3.75 of 5 scales

/ Denise

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Stranded - Part 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again - there will be swearing and, later in the story, explicit sexy times. Just so we're ...