måndag 18 februari 2019

Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

41150487Author: Casey McQuiston
Title: Red, White & Royal Blue
Genre: Romance/New Adult
Publisher: St Martin's Griffin
Links: Adlibris / Bokus / Goodreads

Oh my God. This was a rollercoaster of emotions. I instantly fell in love with Alex. He's a hard working, loving, caring and funny character. He's a bit too stuck in his head sometimes and he has problems with going all in on something, even when he probably shouldn't. They way he's portrayed is believable - the humor, the love, the issues. He's the son of the president and he handles it really well. Until, you know, a certain prince comes along. This isn't really a hate-to-love story. It's more like a one-sided-hate-to-friendship-to-doing-it kind of story and I can't tell you more, because it'll spoil everything.

Okay, what can you say then? I can say that this book is full of great characters. Everyone has their wonderful personality - the sisters, the best friends, the bodyguards, the parents and everyone who's on page brings their own thing to the story. This is an accomplishment - to not have characters who are superfluous to the story. I can also say that even though this story was told solely from Alex's point of view, Henry's personality shone through more than enough. Oh, sweet Henry. I just wanted to hug him and tell him he's so awesome.

Why should you read this book? Um, because you're a living, breathing human being? No, but seriously. If you want to read a book with a great set of characters, a story about two people growing, loving, being and finding themselves, shock full of humor and also love letters and want your heart to melt into a mushy puddle - read this. I can't say much more, because I don't want to ruin the story.

(Oh, and this comes out May 14th. Sorry..) Also, look at that cover - I love it!

5 of 5 historical love letters

/ Denise

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Stranded - Part 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again - there will be swearing and, later in the story, explicit sexy times. Just so we're ...